Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Shampoo Bar -Days 3 & 4!

Here's the $64,000.00 Question: "Was this from the shampoo bar or chaperoning the field trip?" LOL!
O.K., so it was the "Static Ball" at The Magic House ...but it was yesterday (day 3) and it did get your attention, eh?

Below is the real photo of Day 4 (today)  -not bad, not bad at all.  (Especially considering the "Shampoo Bar" I'm using is really my "soft" bars of  "Mimosa-Rosa" -an oops! if ever there was one.)

I have to wonder if the floral wax in this recipe will cause a build-up over time...but I guess I'll find out.  I still miss the "slip" from my old conditioner, but I'm using an apple cider vinegar rinse (50/50 water/vinegar)...and I'm not skimping, I use the really GOOD vinegar -Bragg's Organic.   My hair is squeaky clean, and has plenty of body.  We are fortunate that our water is naturally soft right out of our well, and my hair is noticeably less nice anytime I wash it in hard water, so I'm convinced water has alot to do with hair condition in general.

I can't wait to try Cocobong's recipe (with my requisite "tweaking" of course) -I'm planning a "beer" shampoo....but that's all I'll say for now!  Will post more soon...

8 comments:

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Your hair looks soft and full of body in the second shot. I love the first photo too :)

I know I saw Cocobong's recipe and want to give that a whirl as well. Your beer shampoo idea sounds wonderful.

(formerly Splurge Sisters)

Amy Warden said...

Wow! That first photo is priceless!! :) So glad we are on this shampoo bar journey together...

Cocobong Soaps said...

50/50 is steep! I usally just use 1-2tsp apple cider vinegar on 1/2 quart of water, just enough to taste some tartness. I have used a higher % and ended up with very dry hair. Our water here is hard hard hard as well

The Soap Sister said...

C'Bong, Perhaps I need to clarify....I don't "leave" the vinegar solution in my hair. It's only on there long enough to change the pH -by the time I spritz my head all over and work it around with my fingers I would say 15 seconds -tops. I then rinse it VERY thoroughly. I read this technique somewhere.....very recently.......but of course
I'm not sure where....Amy, if you're out there -how do you do it?
C'Bong, do you use your rinse like a leave in or do you rinse with clear water after? I surely don't want to fry all my "sunshine" that I paid good money for! ;)

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

Nice hair in that first pic and that smile is even better! :D Now,really how many people can carry that hair do off and still look beeyoootiful!

Hmmm,we have very hard mineral laden water as well. I use vinegar full strength and then rinse.I think my hair feels just the same or better than with commercial shampoo and conditioner.

The Soap Sister said...

You ladies are all so much fun -I was hopin' you would get a chuckle (or at least a smirk)from that crazy photo! So far so good on the experiment...I'll post today's hair pic soon. :)

Cocobong Soaps said...

..quote form my last post "I don't leave the rinse in, but rinse it out briefly once I've worked it through my hair." ;)

The Soap sister said...

Ah ha! (said Pooh) I guess I'm a Soapmaker of Very Little Brain...er Memory? LOL! Sorry I missed that. :)