Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Shopping Cart Crash & Burn

Last Sunday evening I was updating items in my website's shopping cart "OpenCart" as it is/was called.

All seemed well.

Sometime between Sun. evening and Wed. evening the wheels fell silently off -so to speak.

Imagine the slack-jawed mouth-breather staring at her computer in disbelief Wednesday when, instead of her "online store" she saw this:


Warning: require_once(/hermes/web08/b1296/moo.heirloomnaturalsoapc/opencart/system/startup.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/waloraweb013/b1296/moo.heirloomnaturalsoapc/opencart/admin/index.php on line 15

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/hermes/web08/b1296/moo.heirloomnaturalsoapc/opencart/system/startup.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php-5.2.17/lib/php') in /hermes/waloraweb013/b1296/moo.heirloomnaturalsoapc/opencart/admin/index.php on line 15

"The scream heard 'round the world."

So far I've gotten zero response from the OpenCart people's  "Support". Support?  What support?  I wouldn't care, except that there are now links out there in web-land that go nowhere good.  404 error pages.  Grrrrrr!


But this soaping Pollyanna goes on.  I've fallen, but I've landed softly in the arms of my Etsy shop. 

The soapmaker is IN 


The store is OPEN.


As for the "OpenCart"?   -CLOSED!

7 comments:

Donna OShaughnessy said...

Oh how frustrating ! At least with your blog you can explain and reroute. And by the way your recent scent free soaps are gorgeous. I have never done the frosting look but you have tempted me wholely!

Ambra said...

I feel your pain. My brand new computer joined the SOPA protest by refusing to admit that it had any connection to the world. "Wi-Fi? What's that? Sorry! never heard of of it. Don't have any such hardware. Sucker" .And it takes days to get it into repair. But my little old faithful is still running, so I turned to her in my sorrow. Great that you could go over to Etsy!

Ambra said...

Your link to the Etsy is isn't working BTW!!! Fix it so I can snoop around :)

The Soap Sister said...

Hi Donna, Yep, it was MADDENING....enough to send one into an all-out panic. Amazing how quickly you can work when running on adrenaline, though! ;) Thanks for the compliment -you really must try "piping" the soap -it's a hoot! You don't even have to bother with "tips", lots of times I just snip off a corner of a big 'ol freezer bag and go to town. If you try it (after all it is "Saponification Sunday" in your neck of the woods) please let me know how you enjoy it.

The Soap Sister said...

Hi Ambra, First of all THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for telling me about my link issue. It's fixed now. Secondly, it is always nice (and wise, I think) to have a "plan B" to rescue us from technological hiccups -have I ever mentioned how close I came to throwing a printer out a second story window once? LOL!

Two Blooms Design Studio said...

Oh how frustrating, hope you can figure it out soon. Good ole Etsy to the rescue, I'm still learning the ropes there.

Michelle

Amy Warden said...

Oh NOOOOO!! I'm so glad you do have a back-up plan. Sounds like you've even been featured!! Congrats!