Monday, September 2, 2013

There's a New Handmade Soap Shop in St. Louis

There’s a New Handmade Soap Shop in St. Louis!

O.K., well, we’re technically about 20 minutes from downtown, on the Illinois side of the St. Louis Metro Area, and while the shop/studio is new, we have actually been making soap since 2002, but I digress...
Heirloom Soapworks Handmade Soap is now officially open in beautiful, historic, downtown Lebanon, IL!  We are so excited to be the FIRST handmade soap shop on the Illinois side of the St. Louis area, and ready to serve up some fine, locally made bath goodies to all the folks in the St. Louis area, both East & West of the Mighty Mississippi! :D

Our shop/studio is located right on “the brick street” at 111 W. St. Louis St., inside the Tiadaghton House.  Hours are Wed.-Sat. 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday Noon -4 p.m.
I have been collecting pieces for the store since early last Dec.;  arranging and re-arranging things in my mind.  I know many of you are curious, so without further ado here are some pics of the new soap shop/studio:
Heirloom Soapworks Soap Shop
Heirloom Soapworks,
111 W. St. Louis St.
Lebanon, IL 62254
What do you think of my vintage-inspired bathtub soap stand?  Hubby made it for me, and I couldn’t be happier with it -what a guy! :)   He also transformed my work counter/cabinet with waiscoting and crown molding.  And built the table below that holds my sink trio.  Speaking of sinks, that a 1923 Kohler pedestal sink that my sister Martie found for me (along with my 1921 white wall mount sink) in Champaign, IL.
20130812_174359[1]
My vintage sink collection finally has a home (at least for 3 of them!) Looking from left to right: “Sky Blue” 1962 American Standard,  1921 Kohler in white,  1950 American Standard  (sometimes referred to as “Mamie Pink” -unwittingly inspired by Mamie Eisenhower)  I love how this display turned out, and customers seem to appreciate it too!

Our studio is nestled upstairs, and the Tiadaghton House’s main shop below is filled with some AMAZING local art -from fiber art, pottery, jewelry & paintings to some gorgeous Stickley furniture.  Worth the drive just to see the downstairs, we hope while you’re visiting you’ll venture upstairs to pick up some handmade soap and bath/body goodies!
Happy Soaping, Everyone!  ~Becky

15 comments:

SoapJam said...

Congratulations on your new soap shop! I really like that bathtub soap stand, and that stand-alone sink with a wooden stool beside it. Wishing you all the best! :-)

Andee @ TheSage.com said...

Congrats! I think your shop looks gorgeous and the sinks are a great display idea. I send you wishes that your shop will keep you busy!

Ambra said...

That looks great! Really! Congratulations to you. Now I just need to visit ;)

The Soap Sister said...

Thanks so much! It is very exciting for us, and I sure appreciate your well wishes! :)

The Soap Sister said...

Thank you Andee! I saw a sink display on Pinterest and loved it, so I did something similar...except with colored sinks. I hope I stay busy there too, pretty sure I will since it's "that time of year"!

The Soap Sister said...

Hi Ambra, Thank you m'dear. I've been so busy this year I feel totally out of touch with my bloggin' buddies....if you're ever in the midwest I hope you will stop in! :)

Erica P. said...

Congratulations! The store looks great! I love the displays and the historic feel from the photos.

Tierra Verde Handmade Soap said...

I'm not sure where my previous comment disappeared to-maybe I was dreaming that I hit "publish."

I love your shop, the sinks as displays are the neatest idea. Everything looks so lovely. I am so happy for you. Love the pedestal sink lots. Wishing you all the best!

Jennifer Young said...

Awweeeesssssooome!!! Looks great So pleased for you!!!!!!!!!!!!! xo Jen

Donna OShaughnessy said...

So amazing!So fun! So creative. Although you are 4 hours from me it is my goal to get down to Lebanon this Fall. I need an overnight trip away all by meself. What a wonderful job you have done. Love the sinks. Now you need a yellow one!

The Soap Sister said...

Thanks so much Erica, I was going for a nostalgic, shabby chic feel, and I think that's what it ended up being. Yay! ;)

The Soap Sister said...

Hi Michele! Thanks so much m'dear -I started collecting them the day after I found out I was going to have a shop. ;) It's been fun decorating and planning, but a relief that it's complete. Now I can focus once again on production! Thanks for your well wishes, my friend. ~Beckster

The Soap Sister said...


Hi Jen! Thanks so much -I am so excited, and have LOVED seeing your shop's pictures as well. I hope you keep posting, as it is SO MUCH FUN seeing other soaper's shops! :) Sounds like things are going well for you, and that you're very busy -FABULOUS!! You know I'm cheering you on from the Midwest. ;)

The Soap Sister said...

Hi Donna! Thank you, thank you! I take that as a BIG compliment coming from such a fun and creative gal! ;) Lebanon would be a fun destination, I think. We could always play soap if you got tired of shopping and eating! ;) Come on down, girl!

Fanny said...

I can't think of a better way to exhibit traditional soap than your vintage sinks. I never would have thought of that. Congratulations!