Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreamsicle? Hmmm, maybe not...


This soap brings to mind the old expression "Ugly as homemade soap" Gasp! Did I say that out loud??

Suffice it to say that it didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned it!

You can barely see the two colors...there's a bit of lighter-hued "sweet orange" soap,  colored with yellow dock, that I drizzled in.  It's toward the bottom of these bars.

 I'm hoping there's a chance it will show up more as the vanilla (dark) soap cures and gets even darker.

I was, and still am, hoping for a scent like those old ice cream/popsicle bars that were orange on the outside and vanilla ice cream on the inside.  It sure doesn't look like one, though, does it?  : )  

Too tired after cleaning the garage and making a double batch of lye to play with my Alkanet...but "Tomorrow is another day!" to quote Scarlett O'Hara.

Happy Skin, everyone!

1 comment:

Jennifer Young said...

Hello, I think this soap looks rustic... I love the rich brown. I still cannot believe what you told me about copying.... I couldn't stand that if it happened, but I guess if we share in a public forum, it can happen, but your company??? Remember to keep good notes on exactly how long your alkanet steeped and quantities if you want to replicate in the future. The longer it steeps, the more potent the coloured oil. I left a Castor Oil steeping for 5 days and with 1 or 2 grams in my small mould I get a nice light blue (looking for purple....arrrrggg). Yes I abolutely feel like a mad scientist or even a witch mixing my potions sometimes... and I love it... You are making me wait another day for your Alkanet experiments???!!! I may have one to post later... xo Jen