Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Homemade Soap Packaging for 2011

I've been percolating on and experimenting with natural soap packaging for years...never hit on the "vintage look" that I really wanted.  Until now, that is! 

 I'm thrilled to be thrilled, if you know what I mean.  I just want packaging that I love enough to stick with!  But also Easy.  Quick.  Recognizable. Vintage. ("Heirloom-ey"?)

  I love that I can put lots of info on the "bag tag" since much of my business comes from shops and I am obviously not there to explain features & benefits of homemade soap.  (Thanks to Paul at Celestial Gifts for the "folded tag" tip!) 

The scent permeates the bag in a lovely way too, and I like that the bags can be re-used for holding small items, marbles, box tops, even potpourri for a drawer sachet.

It's fun to be re-vamping the operation a bit.  New ideas for a new year.  I'm sure all my soapin' buddies are working on new stuff of their own!  Happy Soapin' to all. :D

9 comments:

Michele said...

Those look fab my friend- your best yet. So unique.

Jennifer Young said...

I just love these. I think your new packaging is perfect for Heirloom soapworks!! Way to go!!! xo Jen

thesoapsister said...

Thanks ladies, I appreciate your kind words.....I also expect you to whack me up-side the head if I go messin' around and changing them anymore this year! LOL!

Jan said...

They look great Becky and the tag is a great idea! they must be nice and quick to pack as well, boy do I need that! it just seems to take me forever to print the labels and put them on.

cocobong said...

One word: Perfect!

thesoapsister said...

Thank you ladies! I feel really happy/content with these. (You all know that's HUGE for me! LOL!)

The only drawback I can see, is that you can't "see" the soap. When you get a nice-looking result you hate to cover it up, but I guess that it could be a happy surprise when they open the package. :) My soap is not very artsy, so I don't think I'm losing much with this presentation. The proof will be in how it does in the marketplace, I suppose. I'll keep you posted. :)

Amy Warden said...

You've hit "heirloom" on the head! Great job! I'm a bit jealous at how easy they will be to package too. You know how time consuming that shrink wrap can be!

Dennise said...

So antiquey looking! Love it.

thesoapsister said...

Heh heh heh! I had "help" this weekend! Hired the young 'un to bag and tag the soaps -wheeee! :D