Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle: Redneck Style!

All this "modern"  reduce, reuse, recycle  "jazz" isn't new at all, really.  My family's been reducing, reusing and recycling since the Great Depression and, because I come from frugal German stock, probably WAY longer than that.

I got to thinking about this as I was making my "Bubblehead" Shampoo Bars today.  Chuckling at myself, my choice of "molds"...heck, my whole operation for that matter.  Why, you ask?   Well, it's just a bit "Redneck" folks....

You might be a Redneck if your soap molds used to be carry-out containers from KFC!


 (I'm not makin' this stuff up!)  Not to mention the fact that the KFC containers are insulated with my son's old baby blanket...

But what about you all?   Am I the only Redneck Soaper out there in blog land?
(Maybe I'm just the only one who will admit to it?)  How does your inner Redneck Soaper make herself known?

Happy Soapin' Everyone!

6 comments:

Jennifer Young said...

Hi Hon! Awesome idea! Will one of those little bars be for me to try....??? Can't wait for our next round of shampoo testing!! Yippee. As for red neck soaping... at the beginning, everything I saw was a mold... I just wanted the carton, not the food or drink! xoxoxo Jen

The Soap Sister said...

LOL! I know what you mean! It's funny how the world looks just a bit different when you're looking through "soaper's eyes"! And YES, that is the new & improved "Bubblehead"...looks like it will be late March before it's cured, but we can start on someone else's shampoo bar first. ;) Hugs to you m'dear. ~Becky

Ambra said...

Wonderful. When I started I used milk and cream cartons and small containers like for yoghurt and all kinds of stuff. That was fun. Also some small cake moulds that I have been thinking of trying to do a mould from because they are aluminum. I love your small soaps, Becky :)

Amy Warden said...

My first soap mold was a plastic kitty litter pan - brand new, of course! I believe that was Kathy Miller's suggestion or something I read on her site. That's how I got started!

Unknown said...

So it's official then: I must be a "Redneck" with frugal German blood coursing through my veins! No matter how many 'real thing' molds I have any container/box/tub etc gets more than a once over look! :)

Topcat said...

Yes, one of my first moulds was a juice carton (on its side) and then a milk carton (upright) and then a timber pencil box my son made (perfect for tester batches). I love your thinking! Now ~ what around here can I make a round mould out of? :)