Thursday, March 13, 2014

100% Natural Melt & Pour Soap Base!


100% Natural Melt & Pour Soap Base?  Impossible?  Not when I make my own! :D

That’s right, we have been wanting to add adorable, decorative kids soap to our product line, but when I researched melt and pour bases…..well….YIKES!!  Chemicals, chemicals everywhere!  NOT what I wanted to offer parents to use on their kiddos.

I even went so far as to order a “how to” book on melt & pour soap bases a few years ago.  Sadly, the recipes contained in the book were no more natural that the pre-made bases.

What’s a girl to do?  I was busy, distracted….the new shop, blah blah blah, and so the hunt stalled.   Well, my Dear Hubby recently expressed interest in the art of melt and pour soap making, so my hunt for a handmade natural melt and pour recipe resumed.

I am happy to report that I found a recipe online with NO artificial ingredients, I tweaked it a tad & it actually turned out!!  Here it is in the loaf mold cooling:handmade melt and pour soap by heirloom soapworks



 Here are a couple of experimental soaps using the base:handmade m and p flowers

 
While Hubby is developing new designs and learning the tricks of melt and pour soaping, this much we know for sure:  this soap is a healthy, fun soap that contains only pure, natural ingredients that folks can feel good about their kiddos using (and hopefully kids might wash more as a result? -We can only hope!)
Happy Soaping, everyone!   ~Becky