Monday, January 5, 2015

Heirloom Handmade Soap Happenings -January 2015

2015 January Handmade Soap Happenings

I had imagined that, after the crazy-busy of December, my January 2015 would be a month of chilling out, planning for 2015, and re-stocking/creating Valentine Soaps.  Well, two out of three ain't bad, right?

Planning soap is a blast, and ordering supplies can be exciting... but OH SO TIME-CONSUMING.
Does anyone else find price-checking 4 or 5 suppliers (so as not to over-pay) exhausting?  Yikes!

Now the fun starts, sitting back and seeing who ships fastest, and making soap!

Elements Bath & Body (http://www.elementsbathandbody.com/) wins the "first order received" this time, and their Chocolate Fudge Brownie fragrance is the first I've used in my new Valentine Soap Cupcakes:

I am expecting the cupcake bases to turn a deep chocolate brown because of the chocolate fragrance oil, which should perfectly match the brown sprinkles.  The frosting is scented with Peppermint Essential Oil, giving a crisp, refreshing scent contrast to the chocolate fudge scent of the "cakes."

We have also had the honor this past week of being featured as Brambleberry's "photo of the week" with this shot:


You can read their kind comments in their recent post here if you like: http://www.soapqueen.com/bramble-berry-news/facebook-photo-week-dec-27th-jan-2nd/

Thanks for the honor, Brambleberry! :)  Didn't see that one comi

We've recently launched our new men's line "Frillman's Beard & Body", and the products are selling well.  Excited to create new soap varieties for men, as well.



My man "guinea pigs" enjoyed the trial products, my nephew grew the fabulous beard you see on my Bear Oil label using my beard oil, and was kind enough to be "the face" of Frillman's Beard & Body.
What a guy! :)

Looking forward to soap-making in 2015, and I hope you all are too!

Keep Calm & Make Soap! ;)

No comments: