Thursday, April 15, 2010

What's cooking today.

Welcome to The Soap Sister blog! I have several sisters in my family, and I happen to be the "soap" sister, so I thought the name was a good fit. (The other sisters are the official "guinea pig sisters", but I digress...)

This blog is for those who are interested in homemade soap and want to know more, as well as for those who enjoy handmade soap and love to talk and read about it.

Lately I've been busy getting my website back up and running, which has taken up quite a bit of my time. Being a hopeless do-it-yourselfer means everything takes longer due to lots of trial-and-errror. It's coming along, though.

Todays newest batch of natural soap, fresh out of the mold, is a yummy-smelling Oatmeal Honey. I just love cutting that big ol'chuncky block of soap into bars! It's really hard to wait the 4-6 weeks before using it! I'm wondering if any other soapers out there have this problem? I'll admit that I have used "raw" handmade soap in the summertime to wash my feet after going barefoot all day...wow! Were they ever clean!

Tomorrow will hopefully yeild a batch of "Citrus Grove" - fragranced with essential oils: White Grapefruit, Lemon, and Sweet Orange. We'll see how the day goes. I have a pickup truckload of mulch to put down, so one batch will probably be all that happens tomorrow.

I'm wanting to do an experimental batch using fresh avocado, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever done this? I was trying to think it through as to the preparation of the avocado itself. Mashing? Maybe blending it in with a stick blender? Hmmmm...

No comments: